National Emergencies Trust
The NET have recently launched an appeal to raise funds for local charities and grassroots organisations that can provide vital support to people in the quickest way possible. The funding will be distributed via local community foundations so keep checking the Community Foundation for Merseyside website https://cfmerseyside.org.uk/
FOOD BANKS Foodbanks and Food-clubs are open as usual.
All locations for Knowsley: https://bighelpproject.com/foodbank-locations
- STOCKBRIDGE / Foodbank / WEDS / 12 – 2pm
Stockbridge Community Hub (next to Subway & Chippy)
The Croft, Stockbridge Village Knowsley L28 1NR
- The Citizen’s Advice Bureau phone lines for Kirkby and Huyton to collect foodbank vouchers are now closed.
- If people cannot afford food and need a food voucher please either email: email@example.com or call 0151 538 8243 (if in Knowsley)
- This is not a service for people who are self-isolating but can afford food.
- Waiting to hear from Big Help (who coordinate Food Bank) on how they will utilise Stockbridge Community Hub as a Food Hub. I believe this will be a central drop off point for all food / supplies that are then potentially delivered to those in need.
FOOD DELIVERY SERVICES
|Maggie O’Neill Centre||0151 482 0408
|Coronavirus help for pensioners/people with health conditions.
If you are self isolating due to advice from the NHS and struggling to get the basics (bread, long life milk, toilet rolls, hygiene products, etc), please send us a message and we will go out and get them for you.
You can call the centre from 9am-5pm every week day. The service is free
|KPAIS||0151 449 3706
|Deliver a shopping service for the elderly – this is a paid service .
Open – 9.30am – 4pm
|Coronavirus COVID-19 Community Support and Volunteer Line||0800 073 0043
Mon to Fri : 9am to 5pm
Sat & Sun:10am to 2pm
|Community Support and Volunteer Line
For Knowsley residents needing additional support during the outbreak and for those wanting to volunteer their time or services to help those in need in their local community.
This helpline is available for:
|Healthy Knowsley Service||0151 244 4386
0800 0731 202 Laura.Moore@nwbh.nhs.uk
|The Healthy Knowsley Service
The Healthy Knowsley Service, can support Knowsley residents to adopt a healthier lifestyle, are offering telephone based appointments for clients in a vulnerable groups who are unable to attend clinic due to social distancing recommendations.Healthy Knowsley Service can support clients to develop home based action plans to maximise health and wellbeing in the challenging circumstances that our communities are facing.Clients can self-refer
0151 449 3954
|Healthwatch Knowsley aim to support people in other ways, such as providing information and signposting to relevant services.
Our staff team will remain available during office hours if you have any queries or particular difficulties.
- Knowlsey Youth Mutual (KYM) are preparing a virtual offer for young people in Knowlsey
- This will include different ideas for activities to take part in, live Facebook party, links to help/support pages.
- Club @ Hub and the Community Ambassadors Programme (CAP) are still in touch with groups virtually. We have set up weekly online catch ups with CAP.