The grants are awarded to voluntary and community organisations or social enterprises for up to five years. We can fund project activities, operating costs, organisational development and capital costs.
We’re really interested in hearing your ideas. Whether they’re big or small, tell us what you think will improve your community.
Who can apply?
You can apply if you’re a:
- voluntary and community organisation
- social enterprise
- group of organisations, as long as they are led by a voluntary and community organisations or social enterprise
- statutory body (including town, parish or community council)
- community interest companies (with two or more directors).
We can’t accept applications from:
- sole traders
- organisations based outside the UK
- anyone who is applying on behalf of another organisation
- organisations without at least two unconnected* people on the board or committee.
(*not a relation by blood, marriage, in a long-term relationship or people living together at the same address)
We will consider funding unincorporated groups, but normally expect the groups to use our funding to incorporate and, where appropriate, register as a charity.
What can you spend the money on?
We can fund:
- staff salaries
- project activities
- running costs
- small-scale refurbishment
- organisational development.
We can’t fund:
- activities that generate profits for private gain
- religious activity (although we are able to fund religious organisations if they are providing benefit for the wider community)
- activities that replace government funding (for example, we can only fund school activities that are additional to the curriculum)
- activities that benefit individuals, rather than the wider community
- political or religious activities
- retrospective costs
- loan repayments.
Not sure if you’re eligible?
If you’re unclear whether you can be funded, get in touch with us:
Phone: 0345 4 10 20 30
Text relay: 18001 plus 0345 4 10 20 30 (for those with a hearing or speech impairment)