The MacMillan bus will be visiting Knowsley next month, with professionals on-board to provide advice and support.
Whether you have a cancer diagnosis, have a friend or relative affected by cancer, or are worried about cancer in any way at all, there are lots of ways that Macmillan can support you – medically, financially, emotionally and practically.
The expert team are available to talk to you in confidence and provide information on all of the Macmillan services available to you. There’s also a range of information you can pick up and take away.
The bus will be in Knowsley on:-
- Thursday, 11 April between 10am and 4pm on Huyton Hey Road (opposite Iceland), Huyton Village Centre
- Friday, 12 April between 9am and 3pm at Halewood Shopping Centre (opposite Specsavers, Halewood)
Staff will be able to provide information and advice on:-
- Early signs and symptoms of cancer to look out for
- Questions about the breast, bowel and cervical cancer screening programmes
- Different cancers, their treatments and side effects
- How cancer affects your life, for example: finances or employment
- Talking about your cancer, or talking to someone with cancer
- Being there for someone with cancer, or the support available locally
- Survivorship and recurrence
MacMillan is also available from 8am until 8pm, seven days a week on 0808 808 0000.